Commit and Act is a non-governmental organization working to bring psychotherapeutic support to communities in need in Sierra Leone, West Africa.
Our vision is that in the face of all circumstances, people choose to create and live their lives according to their values and empower others to do the same.
Currently, we have four projects:
- We operate a shelter for abused girls
- We teach partnership skills to couples (DARE to Connect for Couples)
- We teach community skills to gang kids in schools (DARE to Connect for Kids)
- We teach community design principles to marketplace vendors, teachers, and activists (Prosocial)
Commit and Act uses contextual behavior science (CBS) technologies:
- Acceptance and Commitment Training / Therapy (ACT)
- Applied Relational Frame Theory (RFT)